How to Raise the Bonnet on the Astra HI know this is probably one of the most simple tasks when owning a car, but it is true that some wouldn’t know where to start on tasks such as raising the bonnet. This is why I started this site, to help others maintain their own cars.
Items you’ll need
- Unlock your car and open the drivers door
- In the footwell, near the door pillar, you will see a lever, pull that towards you (Figure 1). The bonnet is now released.
- Underneath the bonnet opening, there is a safety catch, press this up towards the roof of the bonnet (Figure 2)
- On most Astras the bonnet will be held up by gas struts, if not, you will need to use a bonnet stay to prop the bonnet up.
- To lower the bonnet, remove the bonnet stay (if applicable) and lover the bonnet ensuring that it locks down fully.
Trackback from your site.