How to Raise the Astra H on to Axel StandsWhen it comes to maintenance of your car, you’ll sometimes need to be able to access underneath, for example, oil changes, Wheel Changes, and so on. Im hoping this simple guide will help you where needed. Please be safe when working underneath the car.
Items you’ll need
- Jack (Hydraulic if possible (2 Tonne should suffice))
- Axel Stands
- Small block of wood
- Ensure your car is parked on a secure, stable surface with the handbrake on
- Make sure no passengers are in the vehicle
- Find the jacking point mark on the sill of the car, it is indicated as per Figure 1.
- Start raising your trolley jack to align with this mark, I often place a block of wood between the jack and the car to prevent any marks
- Raise the car so that the axel stand can be placed underneath
- You should see the chassis frame running from front to back of the car, I normally place axel stands under these
- Once the axel stand is in the correct location, slowly lower your trolley jack so that the car rests on the axel stand
Trackback from your site.